Maxi me

Thursday 21 October 2010
Maxi with a hood, fantastic!
I often get upset when I hear the ‘Less is more’ cliché spluttered into any conversation. When it comes to the Maxi dress its completely opposite.  If you do not know, A maxi dress is a floor or ankle length dress. Maxi dresses are formfitting at the top and loose flowing at the bottom, cut to flow over the body. They’re incredibly flattering and  enhance the assets you love and hide the bits you don’t like as much! I prefer Maxi’s with lots of colour and patterning. I’m rather short (a tiny 5 foot 3) and the patterning dresses always look better on my little frame. They elongate and stretch me out. Nice.

Maybe less is more in the fact that it is basically a one piece and I’m sure that the plain one colour maxi’s are also fab but what is the point of wearing a simple shaped dress if there is not anything eye catching about it. The one I’m wearing as I write this is stunning. I got it at YDE (shocking I know) but the fabric is really cool and flowing. Being almost summer in Johannesburg it is imperative to keep yourself cool. Last week we had highs of 33 C and wearing my bikini to the office is not really an option.

Maxi dresses are also very easy to dress up or down. They’re great with gladiator sandals, gypsy earrings and bangles galore. I am the proud owner of four which is not a lot considering I’m dress obsessed.

Get yourself a Maxi, you’ll feel like a goddess!

Xoxo

PS. You are show stopping in a Maxi.

Anyone can wear a Maxi!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top