Weekend Learnings

Tuesday 23 November 2010
It is amazing how Cape Town even looks gorgeous in a collage
I dream of a time when I won't have to say goodbye.
I spent the weekend in Cape Town with my love, celebrating our 4 year anniversary (congrats… thanks!). It was another perfect weekend and even though the weather wasn’t too great (I know right! After my seeking sunshine post… fail) we managed to have the best time. This is what I learned.     
  • The more I fly the more I hate it. This is due to the fact that I do not think I have had one flight on time this entire year… and I fly a lot!
  • Capetonians seem to be loving the multiple fabric bangle trend… hmmm
  • I love virtually unknown discovery and 'Hemelhuis' restaurant is the most surprisingly fantastic little revelation in Waterkant Street. I love their bread served in a wooden bowl.
  • Another hole-in-the-wall is the decedent Deluxe Coffee Works. Heavenly, R10, double-shot coffee which is mouth-watering and moreish!
  • Despicable Me’ is my animated movie of the year. I laughed through most of it, highly underrated, highly recommended.
  • IF watermelon juice is on the menu, it gets a gold star!
  • When I am in Jozi, I miss the boyfriend and when I am in Cape Town I miss the puppy… C'est la vie.  
  • Even if a place has great reviews, bad service is a big red cross in my book. Sorry.
  • I downloaded this awesome app on my BlackBerry called ‘Runtastic’. It uses GPS to track your walk. We walked the Promenade roughly 7km, awesome!
  • I still do not understand those little swimmers and dragonfly statues on the Promenade… they’re fun to imitate though.
  • Blonde is another fantastic restaurant in Cape Town, their service is great and the menu is out of this world delicious! Warm Chocolate Fondant, mmm!
  • When the weather is cold and cloudy the perfect thing to do is wine tastings in Stellenbosch and Waterford Estate is a stunning stop!
  • Gino’s (also in Stellenbosch) has the yummiest pizza’s!
  • After watching ‘The Social Network’ I now think Mark Zuckerberg is a (insert bad word). I will not tarnish my blog with blasphemy.
  • No matter how many times I have them, I still love Café Neo (Greek breakfast) and Arnold's (Brie, Pepperdew and bacon croissant) divine breakfasts!
  • 4 years seems like a long time, life flies when you’re having fun, or just in love.
  • I’m happier now than I’ve been in a long time.

Xoxo

PS.  Life is too short to always be wishing for what you had, rather appreciate what you have because it’s beautiful.

3 comments:

Janine / Being Brazen said...

I loved despicable Me. such a cute film.

:)

Sid said...

I totally want to watch Despicable Me. Loved Social Network.

Anonymous said...

why not...

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top