Pantone Tarts

Thursday 28 June 2012
How divine, how divine!?
So what? I'm a designer and I love Pantone. If I didn't there would be something wrong with me. In fact, if a pastry chef didn't like puff pastry, wouldn't you think that it was weird? Yes. Well I like pastry too. In fact, before I was good at designing, I wanted to be a chef. Yip… a chef. And yes I can cook! Psh. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.

So when designer-meets-chef what do you get? Me probably, a confused blogger who has a pseudo name "Coco"… or a pantone tart? Yes! How divine. Shocked I didn't think of this myself actually.

French food designer Emilie De Griottes has come up with dessert tarts that resemble Pantone color swatches for French culinary magazine Fricote. Griottes uses everyday foods such as berries, bananas and candies for the respective colors, and marks each tart with the Pantone color represented. An imaginative take on the classic colour chips, perhaps Griottes can make tarts for each swatch? Mmm yum much! Ill eat those with my Pantone book thanks!

Xoxo

PS. Color me Coco!

Red berry beautiful!



0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top