Spring Zucchini & Chicken Salad

Wednesday 25 August 2010
 

I recently made this lovely little recipe for lunch and have been craving it ever since.
I found it on Martha Stewart and the second I saw “zucchini” and “salad” I was off to the kitchen! Now it doesn’t specify cooking the Zucchini but since I like mine cooked... I cooked it. You just need to slice it length ways and steam it with a little olive oil and seasoning for about 8 minutes. Do not over cook them, its nice if they keep firm to hold their shape.

With Spring in the city and sunshine on my back I am clearing the fridge of soups and replacing them with salads! Yes girls, it is summer!


Ingredients
(Serves 4)

1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
 Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 1/4 pounds zucchini, thinly sliced
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 bunch (about 8 ounces) spinach, chopped
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint

Directions
 
In a large bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup oil and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Add zucchini; toss to coat, and let marinate while cooking chicken. 
In a large nonstick skillet, heat remaining tablespoon oil over medium. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until golden brown and opaque throughout, about 7 minutes per side. 
Toss chicken with zucchini mixture, spinach, onion, pecans, Parmesan, and mint. Serve. NOM!


PS. I yet again forgot to take my own picture, I ate it too quick! Thank you Martha for the piccie!

xoxo

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top