Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 21 August 2012
Coco, she is fierce.
I spent the weekend in Cape Town with one of my best and oldest friends. We ran around with a "go go go" attitude and as I normally do, this time 'we' made that city our bitch. This is what I learned.
  • It's hysterical when jealous Joburg people tell you how crap the weather is going to be and then you have perfect sunny days all weekend long, take that.
  • Staying at the Protea Fire and Ice is epic. Whats better than having a milkshake in their random bar? (which I have done many times before) having a milkshake and then retiring to your pimping room, sweet!
  • Darling, I would slap you but that would be animal abuse.
  • I am loving the blonde braid trend. I know it would look stunning on any hair colour but the blondes seem to be sporting it wherever I look. Definitely going to try this out for Spring.
  • The Pot Luck Club is everything it is made out to be. Unbelievable, delicious, divine and delectable. I would fly down to Cape Town every Friday just to eat there. Orgasmic!
  • "We are the silver lining in any and every dark cloud we could ever find. There is no need to go looking for the light when you bring it with you." Tyler Knott Gregson.
  • I can finally listen to Bon Iver without feeling the tears in my eyes and the pang of pain in my heart. It is amazing how one night listening to harmonious music that you adore with the person you love can totally distort and ruin the melodies. Remind Coco to never share her romantic stuff with people who never wanted to love her back in the first place? Mistake…
  • Building my little cottage has made me look out for the beauty id strange and unique décor, I am white loving pottery with sculls and old fading books. Must be the creamy macabre blonde I am my baby.
  • The Slug and Lettuce in Cape Town is so… feminine compared to the one in Jozi, come on Cape Town teapots in a pub? Odd.
  • I get home sick whenever I go away. It does not matter how amazing the holiday is, and it was amazing! It is simply because I miss the loves I leave at home. The amazing friends I have built these deep relationships with… one weekend without them and I miss them, and they miss me too.
  • Essie's hot pink in Watermelon is just deliciously spicy! Its warm enough to keep you going on the cool evenings in Jozi yet still fresh enough to say hello everyday to warm spring fling which is evidently here! Yay ladies!
Have a gorgeous week petals! Spring is here, put those boots away and show your gorgeous stems!

Xoxo

PS. We are all just walking each other home… I cannot wait for you to take my hand and walk me home.

And so do I.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top