Weekend Learning's

Wednesday 23 May 2012
The beautiful colours of autumn at the moment.

Loving these wintery weekends in Johannesburg. Not loving the cold so much. I must admit I like to be in bed the second the sun goes down. Its a lot warmer under the covers than out in the cold. This is what I learned this weekend;
  • Great Dane is still one of my favourite places to go in town. Now that I've got some more souls to like it, I can go there more often, win!
  • I'm so happy that I'm happy in my own skin. All these women addicted to diets and being thin, eat a pie for gods sake, life is too damn short not to eat cake… and lots of it.
  • Grudges are a waste of perfect happiness. Laugh when you can, apologize when you should, and let go of what you can't change.
  • I am totally addicted to Instagram. It is such fun. The fact that Coco can also follow her favourite bloggers is actually the real reason I love it, a real little window into the world of people I admire and appreciate.
  • Always wear your invisible crown. No matter how many crooks try to knock it off, and trust me there are many Princesses.
  • Just because it feels good, doesn't make it right.
  • Bottega is still the best place to sit and feel the sun set on an autumn afternoon on the Parkhurst strip.
  • Going to a church service after a (very) long time is an interesting experience. After all the church masses I went to, I still can sing all the songs and I know all the rituals. Do not ever for one second tell me I picked the wrong road of religion when I practiced so hard to love the one I was on.
  • I like to drive, it clears my head and encourages me to practice my singing. Its not great but the highway seems to like it.
  • "When a sense of dissatisfaction persists, that means it was placed there by God for one reason only: you need to change everything and move forward." - ALEPH
  • Its hard but necessary to accept that the life you once knew is gone. But do not fret, the future is brighter than any shadow of the past you once left behind.
  • One of Coco's favourite readers, Jess_Star19, summed up the rest of this week perfectly for me; "Hate to wish a single day away But I really can't wait till pay day!" Enjoy the week possums, get out there and dig, er… for um… turnips, What we see depends mainly on what we look for…
Xoxo

PS. Never ignore a person who loves you and cares for you…. one day you may realize you've lost the moon while counting the stars...


Someone will write me a poem one day... I hope.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top