Weekend Learning's

Wednesday 2 May 2012
Ah, Instagram, you make Coco happy.

Another weekend wisped away from me. I spent it in Cape Town under the mist, it was wonderful. This is what I learned,
  • What on earth has happened to Chivalry? Really men can we not try a little harder. You are so few and far between.
  • I still think the Wheel in Cape Town is one of the most beautiful things ever… giant Christmas biscuit of light, so pretty.
  • You can't blame someone for leaving, if you never gave them a reason to stay.
  • I struggle not to drool in the Mac stores these days. There is so much awesome, its hard not to feel overwhelmed by the idea that Apple is really going to take over the world.
  • Seeing someone I haven't seen in a long time always makes me nervous. I don't know why because it always feels like I was never gone when I see these particular favourite souls of mine. Real connections never fade or change.
  • El Burro's smokey poppers are the perfect amount of heat and cheese, super yum Donkey!
  • People like to bring up your past, when your present and future look better than theirs.
  • An Ombré hair style is half brown at the top and half blonde at the bottom and it looks great on Karma.
  • Karma's french toast also saves lives, trust me, I know.
  • Sitting next to a fireplace is still one of the best feelings, nothing can beat the warmth of a natural fire. And it is oh so romantic, Prrr.
  • Sure you can try to hurt me, but you've got to ask yourself, "Do i wanna wake up tomorrow?" Ha ha. Read this on Twitter and had to share it.
  • Guys: never take a good woman for granted, because one day another guy will come along and appreciate what you didn't.
  • Getting in a black taxi, going to the train station and bustling over to Kalk Bay where we ate cheap fish and chips next to the sea at Lucky's Fish and Chips was amazing.
  • Only in South Africa is the ambiant music on the train a little boy with a 'guitar'. When I say 'guitar' I mean a wooden plank with a milk bottle on the end with one string of wire… *pluck pling!
  • I'm loving hats, especially when they're furry and we look like we want to hunt Elk in them… *BANG BANG!
  • Leaving Cape Town always puts an empty feeling in my heart… I never quite know if its a person or the city. But ill be back very soon, you can count on it.
  • Bottega (in Jozi) has the best Peach and Mint G'nT ever, it is delicious.
  • Wolves Cheese Cake… like I've said before, it fixes broken hearts and also helps with ones which miss Capey Town, Mew. And the crockery is so gorgeous… sigh.
  • Generosity is also a rare thing. The generosity of kindness sometimes is the least shared gift you can give. Thank you to all the people who gave me kindness this weekend, I love you all.

Xoxo

PS. Hug a Hipster, they are people too, thanks uncle.


True that.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top