Weekend Learning's

Wednesday 18 November 2015


First weekend I have felt back to normal in a while. Been under the weather and under so much pressure at work. Then was attacked by a migraine… like a week of them *cry, then more work. It has been an interesting few days. It has been a tad of a struggle. But I am still here, smiling and happy. Why? I have so many great people in my life, blessed. You all know who you are. It is sickening how positive I am, think I might be glowing. And it is all because of you. And this is what else I learned;

  • I had to work on Saturday. I feel like if you are in a good mood, nothing can bring you down not even working on the weekend. On the other hand if you are a negative ball of gloom, not even the sunlight will feel warm on your skin. How incredible is the human mind? How powerful is it that we can so easily convince ourselves into one corner and into another… this fascinates me. 
  • "They tried to bury us. They didn't know we were seeds." Mexican proverb.
  • I find cooking a butternut one of the most frustrating things. Sometimes I try to chop it myself, stick the knife in, get it stuck, *bang bang bang, butternut turns into rocket and flies across kitchen. Or, some more common problems; over cook, par and under cook. Also there is the chance I get it chopped and it is under-ripe and it is just fuzzy. I found a solution! Again, my slow cooker. 1x whole butternut, remove sticker, clean (do not peel or anything), put in slower cooker for 5 hours on high heat, DONE! {This} is the slow cooker I have if you would like to get one.
  • "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain. Not that I ever find myself here, I always find myself on the outside looking in and I am very happy here.
  • Gails mince pies are some kind of devil food. They are so delicious. Trying a tiny sample was a mistake. I love mince pies. You know the Christmas pastry with spiced fruit in it… yum. Do not go there. Stay home and hide. 
  • "You know, some people say life is short and that you could get hit by a bus at any moment and that you have to live each day like it’s your last. Bullshit. Life is long. You’re probably not gonna get hit by a bus. And you’re gonna have to live with the choices you make for the next fifty years.” - Chris Rock. I like this. At some point you decide to find the middle ground and not every huge risk is an opportunity, it is about making choices that make you light! 

Have a good week, keep warm London, it is going to possibly snow this weekend! 

xoxo

PS. "There is too much room, far too much space on all sides, in this bed alone.” - Daily Haiku on Love by Tyler Knott Gregson


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top