Because I'm Happy

Wednesday 21 May 2014
Actually, everyday!


There is a thin line between a good day and a bad day. I've heard simply getting out of the bed on the right / wrong side can influence someones mood. Dramatic. This year I really put my happy hat on and made a decision to wake up everyday and smile. I am so blessed after all! Not only that but it is good for my health... apparently. 

I am not the only one who has had this outlook on life. The 100 Happy Days craze blasted through the social media air waves and me and a sky-full of happy sunbeams are still strongly posting. In this modern society when choice is so vast, relationships are disposable and using social media as a soapbox to gain attention with selfies and empty depressing captions... what is the world coming to?

So lets try and be positive, keep it upbeat and be grateful! Of course I cannot speak for everyone. Some people really do have little black rain clouds above them and need someone to help them and I hope they do find their light.

I stumbled across this post last week (when I was having my miserable work week, boo!) and felt a little break in my temporary black cloud. So I thought I would share it with you beautiful souls, hope you like it. 

  • Six simple rituals:
  1. Drink a glass of water when you wake up. Your body loses water while you sleep, so you’re naturally dehydrated in the morning. A glass of water when you wake helps start your day fresh. Getting those organs moving is a vital part of my day!
  2. Define your top 3. Every morning ask yourself, “What are the top three most important tasks that I will complete today?” Prioritizes your day accordingly and don’t sleep until the Top 3 are complete. They don't have to be huge things! start out with little things and build them up as you go along. The feeling of completion is part of you rounding off your day so don't make "Buy that new BMW" or "drop 20kgs" as your first days task, you'll disappoint yourself and feel crappy.  
  3. The 50/10 Rule. Solo-task go faster by working in 50/10 increments. Use a timer to work for 50 minutes on only one important task with 10 minute breaks in between. Spend your 10 minutes getting away from your desk, going outside, calling friends, meditating, or grabbing a glass of water. I find this very constructive!
  4. Move and sweat daily. Regular movement keeps us healthy and alert. It boosts energy and mood, and relieves stress. I found with last weeks horrid work days, going to the gym really helped me both unwind and let off a lot of steam! If you struggle to join a gym or run on the road, just playing with your dog or even doing 50 star jumps can help!
  5. Express gratitude. Gratitude fosters happiness. Each morning, think of at least five things you’re thankful for. In times of stress, pause and reflect on these things. I cannot tell you how this point makes you feel... 
  6. Reflect daily. Bring closure to your day through 10 minutes of reflection. Asks yourself, “What went well?” and “What needs improvement?”
- (via yumegrrrrrl on Tumblr) Tweaked by Coco.

Hope you have a bright day tomorrow. I know it is not always possible to have a good day everyday, but we can at least try right? 

xoxo

PS. I just want to spend the rest of my life laughing... 


When in doubt, just remember it really could be worse,
you are after all really lovely!

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top