Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 28 January 2014
"Don't forget to stop and smell the flowers, or shove them in your nose!"
A picture from my #100HappyDays, hope you're happy too!

A three day weekend for me. Yes I am a lucky one. Why you ask? When you work at a fantastic company like Interbrand Sampson de Villiers on the day that you started you get the day off as a sort off anniversary to say; "Thank you for joining our team." What a great blessing this job is. Thank you everyone at Interbrand. I am grateful. And even more so as I was also promoted to Senior Designer and can finally talk about it! Yay me! This is what else I have learned;

  • “Allow yourself to be a beginner. No one starts off being excellent.” - TheDailyPositive.com. I am loving this site! 
  • I think I might be mildly obsessed with tea. With a few 8 flavours at minimum in my kitchen I have one for every opportunity. Lovely tea, solves everything. 
  • After visiting the bookstore twice in one week this quote came to life for me; “Books are no more threatened by Kindle, than stairs by elevators.” Stephen Fry.
  • Doing a quick 5.5km's in the am with 5kg weights, piece of cake. Just know you're going to walk like a moose stepping on sticky marshmallows… ouch.
  • Red Chamber in Hyde Park is still one of my favourite restaurants in Jozi. The food, the service, the seaweed. It's to die for! I always leave full, happy, and with takeaway. 
  • If someone wants you in their lives they'll put you there. You shouldn't have to fight for a spot. 
  • I cannot stop listening to the new Kings of Leon. Ill admit I was a little dismissive but as usual they won me over with their smooth redneck hollers and vibrant feel good melodies. Again I am hooked. The new album is called Mechanical Bull just FYI. 
  • “To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.”


Have a pretty week my heart shaped cupcakes and remember, if you love someone tell them… because hearts are often broken by words left unspoken. 

Xoxo


PS. "Forgive me if I make you everything for I know not how to love in halves." - Tyler Knott Gregson

Mmm how about them apples...

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top