Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 14 January 2014

Love this! Wildfire Art Print by Molly Freze.

The first Weekend Learning's I've done in a long time. I felt like after just two days back at work I needed another holiday. So I spent this weekend unwinding and clocking-in on some beautiful family time. This is what I learned;
  • I am really enjoying the way this year is going so far!
  • "Lagom" (Sweedish) Not too little. Not too much. Just right.
  • There is a big difference between being alone and feeling lonely. I love being alone, feeling lonely is something I rarely feel and it is more the result of my missing my better half than the need for company.  
  • The reason we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind-the-scenes with everyone else's highlight reel. 
  • There are already brown leaves in my driveway. I cannot believe there is evidence of Autumn already. I feel like I have not even started my love affair with Summer. 
  • "Dressing well is a form of good manners." - Tom Ford
  • There is something quite special about watching a young pup play in a sprinkler on a hot day. Oh little Basil, you are pure joy. 
  • "When words are both true and kind they can change the world." - Buddah
  • I think I am rather silly and a little funny when I go to the supermarket and get overly excited at the new seasonal fruit and vegetables. On Saturday when I saw Woolworths had a box of exotic tomatoes I made a little shrill squeak and I might of hopped in their direction… The grumpy shopper debating the robot peppers gave me a look dirtier than a hobo's sock! I blushed. And hustled into the bread isle smiling with glee and my new tomatoes. Ridiculous right?! Who debates robot peppers?!
  • "When the whole world is running towards a cliff, he who is running in the opposite direction appears to have lost his mind".C. S. Lewis
  • Today I signed up for 100 Happy Days. As you saw my last but most important 2014 Resolution is to be happy, stay positive, and to smile. Sign up for the challenge {here} and see if you can post 100 consecutive days of happy posts! See the rest of my 2014 Resolutions {here}.

I hope you have a gleeful week my little Tarte Tatin's

Xoxo


PS. "He loved here, of course, but better than that, he chose her, day after day. Choice: that was the thing." - Sherman Alexie 

A little faith goes a long way. 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top