Weekend Learning's

Thursday 12 September 2013
Spring, the anniversary of my tattoos, sun tans and a lingering touch, my love.



Spring has (finally) sprung. The birds are chirping, the flowers are blossoming, the bees are buzzing, there is darkness. Being a victim of the power 'sabotage', they are calling it now, had a bad affect on me. I realized many things about myself during this black time. It also affected my mood, my ability to work, and of course my tear ducts. Apart from not being able to shower twice a day, I couldn't drink smoothies, and I couldn't do simple daily tasks we take for granted like trying to set the morning alarm on my dead cellphone and doing my makeup in a darkroom… hello panda. This is what else I learned; 

  • I shower twice a day, if I can't I get upset. Beware. 
  • “Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.” - Marvin J. Ashton
  • I am grateful that I have someone in my life, who when I need somewhere to live, offers me a house. This is rare and I love it! My second home.
  • “Your heart can take you places your mind can’t fit” - Todd White
  • I like the prospect of knowing that even when everything goes wrong, and I mean everything, the day still ends with a smile and you.
  • “People do not seem to realise that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.”Ralph Waldo Emerson
  • Those little fragrant prawn pots from Woolworths are love by me and my tum. Just delicious! 
  • It's a great thing when everyone is dressed the same, in this case Sensation White, and you just don't really bump into anyone you don't want to see, blissfully unaware and masked by the blanked of uniforms.
  • “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” - Oscar Wilde
  • I am obsessed with the love of two tiny peke's. Pekingese, for those who are confused. There is nothing sweeter than the love of a furry angel. Happy first birthday to my little Basil too, you fill my life with happiness and heart-shaped doggie biscuits and I wouldn't want it any other way! 
  • "When you have loved as she has loved, you grow old beautifully." - W. Somerset Maugham
  • It is not always about the nights out and the days in the public eye. It is actually simply about how my heart swells and wells up with love, just lying or sitting looking oh so sleepy - doing nothing - watching series, you're eating a grapefruit, me? Who cares. Being happy, falling in love for the 50th Sunday in a row. Again please? Again.
  • “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”Maya Angelou. I strongly believe in this, for if you are not present, those around you can feel it and the moment is lost. 


Sorry this is such a late learning's my daring's, two working days in pretty Franshhoek delayed this. Happy plodding puddings!

Xoxo


PS. What will you leave behind? Life is short, make sure the people you leave feel love. 


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top