Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 3 September 2013

It was a cold front weekend, a Mad Hatter's weekend, my besties birthday weekend. It was fun. This is what I learned;
  • No matter how good it feels, if you work over eleven hours on a Friday, it totally screws with your weekend plans. Dammit. 
  • There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore, and you always will. And in the end you learn who is fake, who is true and who would risk it all for you. 
  • Midori in Sandton is a lovely Spa where you can get your hair and nails done. They're so Hi-Tec they have iPads at every corner showing products and offerings and so chic they serve their Nespresso cappuccinos in Le Creuset mugs, divine.
  • I may have been the Queen of Hearts at the Mad Hatters Tea Party on Saturday but the truth is in my heart of hearts I only want to be one girl in one specific heart forevermore.
  • "Every experience, no matter how bad it seems, holds within it a blessing of some kind. The goal is to find it." - Buddah.
  • Something that puts a smile on my face? After receiving a rose bush for my birthday and going away on holiday it almost died because I did not look after this poor living thing! Since being home I have been pruning, caring, cleaning and of course watering the little bundle. As thanks in the last few days she gave me two little cerise flowers. Lush with petals and a deep yellow blooming center, it was almost like a confirmation that with the care and effort one puts into life, small gifts, but oh so lush and deep with meaning, will be returned. Metaphor or not, I feel blessed! 
  • "Some people are old at 18 and some are young at 90… time is a concept that humans created." - Yoko Ono
  • Celebrating spring day with my colleges was stunning. Yes I work hard but I am so lucky to love my job and adore the people I work with. Not many people I know can call their business their second family, I do.
  • “I always find myself caught between saying too much and not saying enough” - unknown
It is officially spring! Go blossom! 

Xoxo

PS. "You are the moon of my life. Guide me home." - Tyler Knott Gregson




1 comments:

Unknown said...

Always love reading your blog!!! Such inspiring thoughts! Keep up the great work!!! Much love :) xxx

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top