Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 16 July 2013
Feeling fantastic with mother natures fresh fruit and veg, loving life!


I haven't been feeling myself lately. I have been working really hard, I haven't been getting much sleep, and even with my double dose of smoothie action a day, I still feel slightly unwell and hazy. So this weekend I did a detox. To be honest with you 'detox' is the wrong word. I did a cleanse

What is the difference? You ask. 'Detox' is when you try to neutralize or eliminate toxins from the body. After the Bioscan I had last week, I am definitely not toxic and with the hardly to no drinking and super healthy eating I do, I do not need to be neutralized, *wink! A cleanse is just a simple raw liquid 3 day body clean out. 

I used to do this before and during exams to help clear my mind. You cut out meat, dairy, carbs and sugar and stick to raw fruit and vegetables and some vitamins and herbal teas and light exercise. It is amazing after the three days how much energy you have and how good you feel! I did a lot of thinking, soul searching and downright relaxing! I feel on top of the world! This is what I learned; 
  • “Never trust your tongue when your heart is bitter.”Samuel J. Hurwitt
  • Sometimes, while I'm daydreaming in my head, I step back and look at my dreams and think to myself (above the daydream, thinking above the thinking I guess) Hells bells, my dreams are hu-mun-gus… and I blink repetitively wondering if they're too big and scary then I remember that quote, "If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough." and I am satisfied with the big boots I am trying to fill. 10 points Coco!
  • EateryJHB is still my favourite restaurant in JHB, by far! Even though there wasn't much I could eat I took my parents and my sister there to thank them for my little flat and it was wonderful to see how much they enjoyed the perfection of the service and the delicious and beautiful meals. Like I said, favourite!
  • “Simplicity is about doing both: subtracting the obvious, and adding the meaningful.” John Maeda
  • I want to make the rest of my life, the best of my life. I read this on Instagram this weekend and couldn't help but think that this is exactly how I feel.
  • “All the fireflies will keep you golden.”The Glory, by Kanene Pipkin
  • I forgot how much I love making fresh juice. 3x green apples, 1/2 a cucumber, 3x carrots, 2x beets and a thumb of ginger will not only give you a kick to send you buzzing into the afternoon but that ginger will cleanse not only your stomach but your sinuses too! Heaven! Tip; keep all of this in the fridge before juicing, or you'll have warm juice or have to add ice… my teeth no likey.
  • You may think a 3 day cleanse sounds easy, raw liquid stuff, by the third day, all you want is a plate of fries! that’s why 3 days is enough! I keep this in mind during that third day; "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on." - Franklin D Roosevelt.

Heads up chickens, have a good week!

xoxo


PS. “He carries stars in his pockets because he knows she fears the dark. Whenever sadness pays her a visit, he paints galaxies on the back of her hands.”Alaska Gold


Always and forever, my love. 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top