Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 2 July 2013
Strawberry kisses, can brighten any winters grey day to red.

I have to be honest I've been struggling to start this Learning's since yesterday. It might be the camel load of work I have on my back or the slow realization that I am beginning to loath the cold… either or I need a little jump in Coco's life. Both are shackling me to the inners of my cottage and driving me to dagger these Winter days. This is what I learned;

  • Spring, make haste! For Coco cannot dwell much longer in the refinement of her own home!
  • "There is always a lovely way to look at things, you know? Like the days we spend apart are as beautiful and essential as the spaces between the stars." - Christopher Poindexter
  • So we all know my smoothie obsession. Well this weekend I did the strawberry thingy. When you freeze fresh strawberries and then thaw them, even if they're not great or they're almost at their sell by date, they thaw really sweet and soft. This is amazing for a smoothie! Do it, try it, love it, sip it, yum it… mmm yes...
  • Moyo, still one of the better tourist, African attractions. Why did we not get our hands washed, blessing prayer and face painted… I would like to know? Meh.
  • I am a little obsessed with Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate. I bought it oversea's and was over the (midnight) moon when I found out there is a store in Sandton City which stocks all their divine New York products! Expensive, YES, worth it, definitely. They've been in business for 160 years, they've got to know something!
  • "I've loved you so long I can't remember what it was like before and I don't want to know what it will be like without you."
  • I have noticed, being someone who eats a lot of lunches out, that champagne seems to be the drink of choice these days. "Is it a trend?" I ask. Personally a cheap glass of bubbles would do nothing more to me than ensure an afternoon migraine… but over this weekend I noticed four separate occasions of this, three women, one man. Peculiar no? 
  • Surprise parties, the best thing about them? Waiting for the birthday girl, standing in the dark, holding each other, sneaking a kiss… or fifty. ^_^
  • I can't wait for the first summer rain… 
  • “Before I die, I want to be somebody’s favorite hiding place, the place they can put everything they know they need to survive, every secret, every solitude, every nervous prayer, and be absolutely certain I will keep it safe. I will keep it safe.” - Andrea Gibson 


Have a beautiful week tiny flowers, it's almost time to blossom! 

xoxo


PS. "I have found the one in whom my soul delights." - Song of Solomon


Oh, Maya, how do you speak the words
my heart does not know how to say?

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top