Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 18 June 2013
It's the little things that matter in this ocean of life.

When you work hard and play hard like I do, sometimes the body just says no. And a sneaky 'Friday night in' comes along and you leave work and thank your lucky stars! With Winter beating down the door, there really is not much on the social calendar. And with this long weekend, Fathers Day, and a lot of trailing hard, mental work weeks gnawing at my emotional hard drive, a weekend filled with nothing-much-to-do-about-something was a blessing in disguise. This is what I learned;
  • The best things in life are free. Full stop. 
  • "I have the simplest tastes. I am always satisfied with the best." - Oscar Wilde
  • I have become totally obsessed with my daily smoothies. On Friday I misplaced my blender. (Don't ask) and I literally nearly had a panic attack imagining not having my second smoothie of the day. It was pretty scary. 
  • I've been dying to try Teta Mari Deli for ages! Finally we went there for a menu check and a Cappuccino. Cappuccino verdict- delicious! The menu was a little pricey though. We didn't eat but I would still like to try their burgers. I've heard amazing things. We didn't manage to go inside, I got stuck on their comfy outdoor seater in the sun and forgot, next time!
  • I miss summer, I miss brown skin, I miss wanting ice in my drink and then getting annoyed that it melts so quickly. I miss afternoon swims, I miss seeing flesh and pretty skin! I miss the light buzz of the fan but most of all I miss licking ice-cream off your lips.
  • I finally experienced Junipa's Red Velvet pancakes. So what? You ask. They're made the REAL way you are meant to make Red Velvet. Not with cheap, quick and easy red colouring, the way I make Red Velvet and the way the Texans do it (Red velvets birth place) with… wait for it... beetroot. And my oh my are they delicious! Nom! Definitely worth a try.
  • "Love says; 'I've seen the ugly parts of you, and I'm staying.'" - Matt Chandler
  • Worldwide it was Fathers Day on Sunday, my Daddy (yes I still call him that, get over yourself) is my hero, my inspiration. I am proud to be his daughter and thank whoever it is who organizes this stuff that they assigned him as my dad… I am such a lucky girl! 
  • It was also my little Louis's third birthday. Happy Birthday my favourite son, your tiny licks and sweet pup cuddles are the best a mum could ask for! See how cute he was as a pup {here}.
  • I am loving DJ Kents "Spin my world around". Listen to it {here}, it will make you want to go dancing, apart from that fact, I do believe in the lyrics *wink.
  • Sometimes, staying in and staying home is the best choice. Sometimes sitting, doing sweet nothing and just enjoying each others presence, is all one really needs to feel loved. It is in these moments when you know if you feel totally comfortable, it is probably right. 
  • One of the best feelings in the world is knowing your presence and absence both means something to someone.

Have a spectacular four day week my Filet mignons! 

Xoxo


PS. "Love is a smoke made with the fume of the sighs." - William Shakespeare

... till it is warm again.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top