Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 11 June 2013
Sigh, a good weekend. Kisses, love, feathers, a smitten kitten!

The weekends are getting colder and colder here in chilly Joburg. It is encouraging Coco to stay indoors because hopping around in the frost is just too much for my ears to take. I am not a fan of cold toes either. It is just all too uncomfortable! Summer return please! This is what I learned;
  • A little Friday lunch time shopping session is always a good idea. 
  • Cotton On must have the best vintage skinny tracksuits ever! Go now, be warm squirrels! 
  • "The thing about chaos, is that while it disturbs us, it too, forces our hearts to roar in a way we secretly find magnificent." - Christopher Poindexter. I cannot stop thinking this quote was written for every Leo who ever lived, chaos seekers with hearts which roar! Like. 
  • I love a mani / pedi session with a pretty friend. And Essies Miss Fancy Pants is a grey similar to the dark Pantone warm grey this designer knows and loves. A great warm winter hue for both fingers and toes! 
  • Sitting in the sun all day on a Saturday when there is going to be a cold front on Sunday… it's good. 
  • I love it when new friends join Pinterest. Last week I was blessed to not have one, but TWO of my favourite fashionista's and general all round taste guru's join, Miss Charlotte and my sweet sister Queen Steph. The excitement is beyond! Make Coco proud girls! I am also on Pinterest, have a look at my boards {here}.
  • I love the concept of personalized jewellery  Especially this personalized little stackable ring and heart set {here} Too cute! Great gift idea for any occasion.
  • “I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity, and her flaming self respect. And it’s these things I’d believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn’t all she should be. I love her and it is the beginning of everything.” - F Scott Fitzgerald
  • Feathers in your hair? Yes I am a fan! A friend of mine sells feathers on bands to tie around your head as a headband, too pretty! Next thing I need is a feather headdress, I always knew my childhood obsession with Pocahontas was more about her style than anything else… hmmm.
  • I often call Sunday my cheat day. I indulge in junk food and treats and yummies I try not to eat during the week. But being rather a healthy person, sometimes indulgence for me is a large piece of salmon, home cooked, with brown rice and quinoa, fresh lemon from the garden, in my pajama's in front of theTV with a Master Chef marathon… my how I've grown! 

Cuddle your favorite thing to keep warm lovelies, keeping my boyfriend super close this week! Have a super week!

Xoxo


PS. When he kisses her, storms rise beneath her skin, for she is the sean, and he, is her moon.

... and for the rest of winter... and 2013... and my life...


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top