Weekend Learning's

Wednesday 16 January 2013
I enjoy, every little thing.

First sober weekend of the year. If you have been a dedicated Coco reader for over a year, or two… or three (and I greatly thank you for this!). You will know that I always refrain from drinking in January. It is my 'clean slate' start to the year. This year I am enjoying it more than ever and finding it so easy. It might be the fact that I am not doing it alone and my partner-in-crime slash hero slash boyfriend is sticking to it with me or maybe it is the simple fact that I am just loving the cold hard fact that I wake up every morning feeling amazing ready to seize the day and boy do I get a full weekend this way! This is what I learned;
  • Retrouvailles (French) The happiness of meeting again after a long time. This weekend was a great 'catch up with friends' weekend.
  • The first week back at work is always the longest.
  • "There are all kinds of love in this world but never the same love twice." - F Scott Fitzgerald. And I am very, VERY thankful for this blessing.
  • I love my new Nespresso! Now that I have mastered the cappuccino, I can call myself the Mini Barista! Well kinda.
  • Be kind. Speak truth. Love others. Show grace. Work hard. Be grateful. Follow faith.
  • I think I have a little of what I like to call "beginning year blues". It is when the year begins and you miss the holidays and Coco's travel feet start to itch and the pressure starts to push and the wallet has moths… thank goodness I look okay in blue, always the optimist this Coco!
  • "When someone else's happiness is your happiness, that is love." - Lana Del Rey.
  • There is a kind of strange human truth about the real reason why I love my automatic Merc. I love her because I get to hold your hand instead of changing gears. Better, much better.
  • Moemas new breakfast is probably one of the best menus in Jozi. And do you know what they do which is totally magical? The serve macarons with their cappuccinos… yes, OMG! You spoil us Moemas!
  • Be careful if you make a woman cry because God counts her tears. The woman came out from his ribs, not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be a superior, but from his side to be equal, under the arm to be protected and next to the heart to be loved… perfect quote!
  • I like Dog Friendly venues. That is all.
  • If you carry bricks from your past relationship you will end up building the same house.
  • A little hot summers braai with friends on a Sunday is a great wind down to the weekend, blissful summer months!
  • Actually I just woke up one day and decided I didn't want to feel like that anymore, or ever again so I changed. Just like that. 

  • There are two people you’ll meet in your life. One will run a finger down the index of who you are and jump straight to the parts of you that peak their interest. The other will take his or her time reading through every one of your chapters and maybe fold corners of you that inspired them most. You will meet these two people; it is a given. It is the third that you’ll never see coming. That one person who not only finishes your sentences, but keeps the book. - I love this so much!
Have a good first week to all of you back at work! And to the rest of you on your second week, the worst is over!

xoxo

PS. The simple pleasure of watching you potter around the kitchen, making me tea. 



5 precious points.

1 comments:

Bailey Schneider said...

This really made me smile! I love the quotes!
I hope 2013 is very happy and full of your hearts desires!

Much love, Bailey from Vanilla Blonde

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top