Weekend Learning's

Thursday 19 July 2012

This was a very cold and confusing weekend. I spent it with a virus and a sore heart. Painful both inside and out.

I have to just apologize to my followers, please forgive the lateness of these learning's. I must admit with this virus I am in a sort of cloudy state of dumbfounded float. My brain is dry and withered. I have literally been living on 5 Special K flakes a day, a teaspoon of jelly, a sachet of rehydrate, another sachet of revolting self sustaining vitamins (so I don’t die I assume) and a quarter boiled potato for dinner if I can stomach it. It is amazing what the human body can survive on! I know from Monday to Wednesday I was sticking to water.   So you can imagine writing ‘stuffs’ is sort of like trying to pull smart thingies out of my marshmallow head. The best part of it is stomach viruses last for up to 3 weeks so I predict the next 3 Weekend Learning’s are going to be rather… peculiar and badly written… worse off than my normal waffle but with a little more syrup that usual… Gosh I miss starch… any which way from Sunday, this is what I learnt;
  • Friday nights in with Cougar Town back on TV is a serious plus! Too excited! Jelly Bean!
  • Gamophobia is the fear or marriage, relationships or commitment. I think in this day in age this is the most common fear out there. It is so sad actually.
  • Bumping into an old gay friends is lovely. Except when you’ve lost a lot of weight… and they have happened to put on a lot of weight. Why do gay men always try to cover their double chins with an unusual beard? And why do they always quote Kate Moss when they put on weight? “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels?” Always creeps in… I beg to differ… have you never tasted Beef Wellington? Hell.
  • I read this little gem from my favourite Tyler Knott: "There in the stillness, in the perfect black of night, we came home again." - Daily Haiku on Love by Tyler... wow.
  • You know you're sick when you plan a party and only really invite yourself. Almost Birthday time! Need to seriously start planning… hope I can eat cake by then. Eish.
  • BFF: You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You fall, I laugh then I fall too because I was laughing so hard.
  • I like to watch the Sex and the City movie (one not two) a lot when I am down. It's a movie that shows that love is always stronger once forgiveness is achieved. I still have hope.
  • Deleting my Facebook account is the best thing I have ever done! No more pathetic whining from the peanut gallery. If you need to get hold of me, call my receptionist. Besides those who really want to talk to me, have already made the effort.
  • A peanut is not a nut by the way. It is a legume. #FunFact.
  • The Mercedes-Benz motto is “Das Beste oder Nichts” which means “the best or nothing." This my friends is why i drive one.
  • Only let go when it's no longer worth holding onto.
  • I read this in the window on one of my shop strolls. It shook me. “Of everything I have seen, it’s you I want to go on seeing: of everything I’ve touched, it’s your flesh I want to go on touching. I love your orange laughter. I am moved by the sight of you sleeping.” - Pablo Neruda 
 Have a lovely rest of your week petals, sorry again these are so late. Forgive the sick Coco.

Xoxo

PS. Penance - voluntary self-punishment in order to atone for ones wrongdoing.

Maybe I'll get better if someone buy's me flowers... ^_^

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top