Weekend Learning's

Monday 7 April 2014
"I know nothing with any certainty but the
sight of stars makes me dream."
- Vincent van Gogh

Hello you. I could not make it to my blog last week with all the mountains I was trying to travel though. When I got to the other side the only thing I regretted was that I didn't record some of the thoughts I had while I was plotting those many hills. I do like a tough work week though. Why? You ask. Because it makes rewards that much sweeter. Even something as simple as a moment looking to the skies and noticing how luminescent the stars looked on Friday night. They were so much sparklier than any other night, through that crevice in the clouds. For at that moment I stopped, for the first time all week, I paused with my two pups to notice the beauty in the sky and it was blissful. This is what I learned;

  • It is already April, this scares me, was it not Christmas yesterday? 
  • Life is full of give and take. Give thanks and take nothing for granted.
  • Le Soufflé is a rather interesting little French Brasserie in Pineslopes. They concentrate on the delicious French bistro food and great service. So do not be alarmed when you feel like you jumped into a casual restaurant in the seventies in France! In my opinion if the food and the service is good I will return. Yum, soufflés! 
  • The only people I owe my loyalty are those who never made me question theirs. 
  • "A writer is someone who spends years patiently trying to discover the second being inside him..." Orhan Pamuk
  • Do you even know how expensive petrol is? Well it is very expensive to fill my vroom-vroom. So on Saturday I decided to walk if I needed to go somewhere. I had a package to collect from the post office and I also needed milk. As one does when one drinks copious amounts of tea and coffee like I do living on my lonesome. So I walked. I walked to the post office. Then I started walking home and realized I should get milk and turned and went back. Free exercise and fresh air and a hello from the funny toothless local hobo versus the latter; moth wallet and bad car radio experience and wasting gold petrol… Coco likes it. 
  • "When you are grateful fear disappears and abundance appears." - Anthony Robbins
  • It doesn't matter how old I get, when my parents go away and I am home alone and there is a creep at the gate… I get scared. It's my past of break-ins and attacks and horror stories on loved ones. This country has scarred me to the point that I can't feel safe in my own home and I hate that. 
  • "Perhaps strength doesn't reside in never having been broken but in the courage to grow strong in the broken places"
  • Do not get me wrong I love Autumn. I am a designer and I am obsessed with nature and plants and colour changing leaves… it is like Mother Nature is giving me a kaleidoscope show. But my love affair with Summer this year was too short. I have been smitten with the few lengthy sunny days that I received that I want to be selfish and demand more! I Feel robbed for some reason… Am I the only one who would like to exchange just one Autumn weekend for just one more Summers night? Sob.
  • “The true mark of maturity is when somebody hurts you and you try to understand their situation instead of trying to hurt them back.” - Anon


Happy week my sparrows. Fly high and brave!

Xoxo


PS. "Attract what you expect, reflect what you desire, become what you respect, mirror what you admire."

I am just loving spending time with my pups.
"Until one has loved an animal a part of one's
soul remains
 unawakened." - Anatole France

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top