Weekend Learning's

Monday 17 March 2014
Yes, I'm talking to you!


The weekends (*touch wood) are starting to become really amazing. It is not just about cramming as many parties as I can into the short window of freedom… how blasé. They're about quality, about enjoying the time I have with the people I love and about unwinding my coils. This is what I learned; 

  • “I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things in life that are the real ones after all.”Laura Ingalls Wilder 
  • The Griffin in Illovo. So I thought I'd give this spot a second chance. I shouldn't have. The hostess 'lost' our booking and accused us of lying about making the booking, to be frank she was outright rude. I won't dwell on her issues but to end the night- when there is an unfinished meal and a clean plate and the waitress puts the empty one on the full one… (I wanted a takeaway and before I had a chance to ask she plonked the crockery on my half eaten meal) I swore I would never return. What the F, seriously. 
  • Speaking of returning to places; if you haven't already visited the Kerri Evens exhibition at Everard Read I highly recommend it. I had to visit it again on Saturday morning after seeing the opening on Thursday and being blown away. Her art is honestly moving and seductive. I am in awe of her talent. Go now!
  • “Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear.” - Charlotte Brontë 
  • I really love to walk on the weekends. It is becoming something that if I do not do, I feel like I forgot to visit an old friend on the weekend. And with a double set this last weekend and seriously pushing myself on Sunday, I am feeling quite sore today, especially in the buttocks region. *wink.
  • "Every blessing ignored becomes a curse" - Paulo Coelho
  • Have you tried Happy.Me tea? Well you should! I managed to sample some this weekend and as I thought… amazing! It kept me quite for ages trying to get every last berry flavoured jelly. I think my boyfriend loved the silence just as much as I loved the tea! Its all vegetarian and all natural. You should try it, we can be addicts together… mmm!
  • A spur of the moment lunch on a deck with tapas, Mediterranean style. Water served in pretty glass bottles, the sun warming my cheeks and my handsome man opposite me, really made me longing to be on holiday in some random vacation spot, all loved up and eating hummus. *Sigh… I am REALLY looking forward to this long weekend, can you tell?
  • “He held her as though she was a gift. Given to him in love. Something still and small. Unbearably precious.” - Arundhati Roy


Have an amazing short week my jellybabies! 

xoxo


PS. “There’s nothing more intimate in life than simply being understood… And understanding someone else.” - Brad Meltzer, The Inner Circle.

Seriously... life is too short. 

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top