Weekend Learning's

Tuesday 11 February 2014
Honeycomb heart. 


Wow. Is all I can say. Talk about making up for lost time! I crammed my weekend full of party. Too fun. This is what I learned;

  • "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will." - Karim Seddiki. You really should stop doubting, and start believing!
  • Healthy is the new black. I like it.
  • Love what you love without hesitation , you never know when it might be taken from you.
  • Bumping into some people I went to Zim with was really funny. When you're standing in a pathway and neither of you can remember each others names and you're going "HELLO!", "OH MY GOSH!" and "ITS YOU!". The excitement is the best part and you walk away smiling and joyful. It is those little moments that warm my heart. Great memories!
  • "Save yourself little girl, stop waiting for someone to come and rescue you, you are on your own." - Josephin August. I forgot, I reminded myself.
  • Pamper Saturday mornings are the best, mani, pedi, hair and a massage. Nothing like spoiling myself after a ridiculous work week. Purr I say.
  • There is something to be said for the electricity in the air in town at these Jozi outdoor events we go to. It can't be explained, only felt. This is Africa, Africa is the future after all. 
  • Boyfriend jeans… I wasn't convinced of this look till I tried on a pair. Obsessed and in love! Sexy slouch is my new favourite jean *wink.
  • “But to come home each night. Have a drink, go to bed, and be so deeply understood by you. Would be the greatest gift of my life.”Clementine von Radics, A Prayer.
  • I really love the coffee at 4th Avenue Coffee Roastery in Parkhurst. It is just divine! And they always put a heart in my cappuccino foam and the tiny shortbread biscuits they serve with their cappuccino's have cinnamon in them… the little things…
  • Sometimes, talking to your best friend is all the therapy you really need. Yip. 
  • "The older you get, the more you realize that it isn't about the material thing, or the pride or ego. It's about our hearts and who they beat for." - R.A.


Have a beautiful week fluffy hearts, I hope you all get spoilt on Valentines. “Someone asked me what home was and all I could think of were the stars on the tip of your tongue, the flowers sprouting from your mouth, the roots entwined in the gaps between your fingers, the ocean echoing inside of your ribcage.”E.E. Cummings

xoxo


PS. “hell is loving you in my sleep and waking up alone.”



0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top