Weekend Learning's

Monday 17 September 2012
Hey, your skin, little bird... our nest.

A bit of a mixed bag of a weekend. A blast from the past, a thread Coco isn't willing to sew and weather that honestly will force me to stay in the house like a hibernating little bird in a nest of pillows! What is happening to Spring Mother Nature? Coco needs a tan, her bikinis are begging to come out. Anyway, this is what i learned;
  • Getting two bouquets of flowers in one week at the office was humbling. I've realized that romance is not dead out there, I've just been looking for it in the wrong places. Thank you for showing me. And yes, a bunch of flowers is still a simple but wonderful way to show the girl you care! A million points and big smiles from Coco. xoxo
  • Everyone named Leroy is unique. I know this from experience! Even our taxi driver on Friday night, he likes to sing Justin Bieber while he drives and called me 'Darling Miss Jacqui' before he had even met me. Fabulous.
  • Coco loves to dance.
  • Why is it that when we make big decisions and we build huge walls and have armies of a million burly one eyed men and we lock our glass houses… does it all melt away like butter on toast with that one hot and heart thumping look. And the music stops. And the world stops turning. And you forget what it was you were fighting for… "Merde!"… (When Coco feels passion she thinks in French in default… "merde" is French for "shit!")
  • What is the worlds obsession with truffle oil? Its permeation is disgusting! It physically makes me sick. I do not care how expensive and rare it is, it tastes like dirty socks which have been sitting in the soil and then kept in a moldy dead animal box for ten years and then sprinkled on my poor, unsuspecting food. Keep it away from me! Vom!
  • "Maybe there's something you're afraid to say, or someone you're afraid to love, or somewhere you're afraid to go. Its gonna hurt. Its gonna hurt because it matters." John Green.
  • People come in and out of your life. People leave your life because that chapter is done. People come back into your life because their chapter in your life isn't over…
  • Don’t change so people will like you. Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.
  • The XX's new album is so emotive that it pulls at every heart string. It almost feels like they've been sitting on my shoulder for the last few months writing about my life… damn you XX you got me AGAIN… sigh.
  • They have officially started building my cottage! It is too exciting the thought of my own space… one small brick for Coco one giant leap for Coco's independence. My Pinterest "House" section is growing in leaps… creams and lights are the colour of the future.
  • On that note I think I'm going to become a tiler…
  • I am loving Coco's new Tumblr blog. Its a picture extension of Cocobutton. I am obsessed! Check it out {here}.
Have a fantastic week furry friends!

xoxo

PS. “Broken without you, and you’re broken without me. I love your pieces.” -Tyler Knott Gregson


... and it began to rain again.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top