Buttermilk Bran Muffin Heaven

Tuesday 12 May 2009
Now I know this is cheating and I don’t normally do this but I have never had muffins like these.
They are moist, fluffy and irresistibly morish! They are easy, quick, inexpensive and the perfect on-the-go snack. In fact I love these so much that I can never just have one and I must also just say that you can never get sick of something delicious and healthy. Surprisingly they are from a box! So why start from scratch when the perfect recipe comes from a box? I have no idea!
Ingredients
Woolworths bran muffin mix
500ml buttermilk
½ cup sunflower oil
1 egg (The box calls for two eggs but I found only one was necessary.)
Preheat oven to 180 C Pour the muffin mix into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Mix the buttermilk, oil and eggs together and slowly add the wet ingredients, to the dry, until you have a well mixed, smooth batter. Add the raisins. Grease a muffin tray and half fill each cup with muffin mix.

Place the tray in your oven and bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on muffin size and temperature of oven) until golden brown. Test weather your muffins are ready by inserting a skewer into the centre. If the skewer comes out clean they are cooked.

PS. Before I put any muffins in the oven, I always sprinkle them with a sparkly coat of brown sugar. This creates a nice sugary crust and shiny look.
xoxo

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top