Weekend Learning's

Friday 4 December 2015


SO it is Friday. What a late Weekend Learning’s this is! It is the first week of December. Back home we call this Silly Season. And for good reason! Here in London, there is not a name for it. Lame. I cannot wait to go home for Christmas. I love London, this is true, but I have had enough for 2015. I want my family, my friends, my dogs, my home… This is what I learned;

  • If I have discovered anything this year, my heart, lives in South Africa.
  • “You’re in my bones, and my blood, and my heart. I’d have to tear myself open to let you go.” - Cassandra Clare.
  • Clifton Road Maida Vale is an amazing little road a good walk from my house. There are lovely little organic fruit and veg shops, deli’s, restaurants and even a pet store. A great London discovery.
  • The use of swearing to alleviate stress or pain is called "lalochezia.”
  • I finished another book this weekend. Yes I am proud of myself! Any suggestions on what to read next?
  • "Three passions, simple but overwhelmingly strong have governed my life: the longing for love, the search for knowledge, and unbearable pity for the suffering of mankind.”Bertrand Russell 
  • Shakshouka is a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chilli peppers, and onions, often spiced with cumin. I only came across this when I started dating my man. And I quite like it. I for some reason was craving it this weekend and decided to make it. Probably the fact that I miss him so much, maybe a little food could bring me closer to him... kind-of-maybe-not. Anyway! Easy, low cost, delicious. Craving killed.
  • You can remove errant deodorant marks from dark clothes by wiping the white streaks with a dryer sheet. I found this out this weekend. Fuuuuun, I love doing my washing. This is one of those things you do living in London; your own washing. 
  • “Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.” - Margaret Peters

I hope you keep warm my little teacups. And if you are in South Africa, soak up that sunshine for me! Have good weekends.

Xoxo

PS. I want a pawpaw.


0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top