Weekend Learning's

Monday 28 September 2015
Ahem, super messy hair!

Hey hey heeey! Another weekend has come and gone. They really do go quick, especially when you are a busy body like me. Smirk. Let me just say; Hello Autumn, I have not seen you in a long time. Since I skipped my last South African Autumn when I came over here I am really looking forward to the above quote. Some browns, reds and yellows in the beautiful parks here must be magical. I haven’t had an English Autumn since 1996, woa! This is what I learned;

  • “Let us read and let us dance, these two amusements will never do the world any harm.” - Voltaire
  • I have always been interested in the Chinese Mid-Autumn Festival. I cannot tell you where I heard about it. Ever since my discovery of this lunar worshipping festival I became desperate to visit one and come on, don’t you love the idea of eating something called a mooncake? It was a lot of fun. I ate a mooncake! They are very unusual… I took the leap and bought the traditional ones made with either lotus seeds or red bean paste with a salted duck yolk in the middle… I know odd. But they are weirdly delicious. I ated them. In fact I saved one for today and I cannot stop eating it, I cannot do the egg in the middle its too weird (sorry!) Thanks London China Town, I had a blast ^_^
  • Abracadabrais actually the Aramaic (before Hebrew) phrase “Avra Khdabra” which means literally “I will create as I speak”. Fascinating! 
  • You aren’t rich until you have something money can’t buy… 
  • I love sitting at the front of the bus at the top. It is like riding a kids ride at Disney Land! It is a little scary how close the bus driver gets to things and sitting at the top makes it look like crash time is seconds away! Eeeee! Also in Autumn, for me it is quite cold already, so sitting in the sun spot there in the front alone (the Brits are way too lazy to go up there for a couple stops) is my ultimate… on Saturday and I must admit on Sunday too, I missed my stops and sat up there till the bus terminated. The simple joys! I just sat there, looking at the sights in the sun, snug as a bug in a er… bus. 
  • "Your absence has gone through me. Like thread through a needle. Everything I do is stitched with its colour.” W.S. Merwin, “Separation”.
  • “When you are washing the dishes, washing the dishes must be the most important thing in your life. Just as when you are drinking tea, drinking tea must be the most important thing in your life… live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life.” - Thich Nhat Hanh

Go out and live that life tiny trees! Have a great week.

Xoxo

PS. Twinkle, twinkle little bat… 

xXx

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top