Weekend Learning's

Monday 5 August 2013
A scene from our Filthy Animal themed Birthday party.
Or an artwork by Anne Wilson... you decide. 

Today is my Birthday. Yay. Or not to yay. Birthdays are always weird. I do not know how I really feel. I have been crying on my birthday since I can remember, high school days to be exact. No no, it isn't like all day sobbing, I'm not a basket case! It is just like a quick burst of early morning showers and then it is over. Although I do sometimes look forward to it, I do not really feel like it is a necessity and I wouldn't be horrified if I skipped it all together. At least I could possibly skip being a year older? Well this is what I learned;
  • "Crying does not indicate you are weak. From birth, it has been a sign that you are alive.' This seems fitting for today. I think it is okay to cry a little, I'm just a girl saying goodbye to another year of my life with a few little tears. 
  • I love Anne Wilson. Her illustrations are just to die for. Too cute! Fox meets bear in a forest… love! 
  • I enjoyed this weekend mainly for two reasons. Friday night was spent celebrating the birth of my boyfriend eating and laughing (and boy am I glad he was born!). And Saturday was spent being ridiculous as a Filthy Animal at our (my bf and my) joint party-party. It was good fun!
  • “I was born with an enormous need for affection, and a terrible need to give it.”Audrey Hepburn 
  • Eating anything and everything gluten free is my new favourite thing to do. Gluten free pasta is a million times nicer and the variety of flavors is immense. Also, I generally feel better, you will too. 
  • “Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”Marcus Aurelius 
  • You know you're on the right track when you become uninterested in looking back. 
  • But if there is anything I learn from each Birthday, it the quality of the friendships and the people I have versus the quantity… the quality was poor. Happiest birthday ever, shared with my favourite souls… I hope they are always like this from now on.

Have a pretty week, and happy woman's day to the ladies!

Xoxo


PS. We laugh till we cry, read each others minds, live with a smile, make it all worthwhile. 

Tyler, I missed you.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top